Bianor is a recognized authority on mobile and video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For
about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication
companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2008
certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About the role - C/C++ Developer
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service
provider in the USA. We are now hiring for a team which tests one of the core systems, used by millions
of customers – the Set-top-box software.
The software stack
- C/C++ core layer, which communicates with Linux device drivers and low-level system functions.
- OpenGL components which provide sleek UI experience.
- Middleware in Java
- Stripped-down Linux OS to keep all things together.
- Be part of a team to expand existing software in order to meet new requirements and improve performances and reliability.
- Participate in code reviews.
Skills and expertise:
- Mature understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in C and C++ programming and debugging
- GNU toolchain experience.
- Should feel at home with GNU/Linux OS.
A real plus would be:
- Some recent or past experience with pure Java and to feel comfortable with the language..
- Experience of USING device drivers from a higher-level code layer.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Academic Degree in technical/scientific disciplines or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
The attitude we like:
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh :-)
- Flat company structure;
- Relaxed and friendly environment;
- Home office policy;
- Employee referral bonus;
- Project referral bonus;
- Teambuilding / Christmas party / Regular office breakfasts;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Free massage in the office / free coffee, milk, tea, fruits.
Take the next step in your professional growth!
We would be more than happy to have more stars on our team!
Arthur C. Clarke once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is technology solutions that
free people to access information, work and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever they need to.