C/C++ Developer at Bianor
Our teams in Sofia design and implement software solutions for one of the biggest broadcast satellite
service providers in the USA. We are now hiring for a team which develops one of the core systems,
used by millions of customers – the Set-top-box software.
The software stack
- C/C++ core layer, which communicates with Linux device drivers and low-level system functions.
- OpenGL components which provide sleek UI experience.
- Middleware in Java 1.1.
- Stripped-down Linux OS to keep all things together.
- Be part of a Scrum team to expand existing software in order to meet new requirements and improve performances and reliability.
- Write unit tests and debugging endpoints; support the test automation effort.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Depending on your seniority level, you may mentor junior team members.
What we are looking for
Skills and expertise:
A real plus would be:
- Mature understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in C/C++ programming.
- POSIX experience.
- GNU toolchain experience.
- Should feel at home with GNU/Linux OS.
- Experience with embedded development in C/C++.
- Some past experience with pure Java and to feel comfortable with the language.
- Experience of USING device drivers from a higher-level code layer; Even bigger plus is if you can write device drivers.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of DVB and MPEG standards and transmission protocols such as DVB-S/S2, DVB-T, DVB-C.
The attitude we like:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Academic Degree in technical/scientific disciplines or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh :-)
Bianor is a recognized authority on mobile and video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full
advantage of technology.
For about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for
the leading technology, media and telecommunication companies.
Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York
and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2008 certified and has twice been awarded the
Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
We would be more than happy to have more people like you on our team!
Arthur C. Clarke once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is technology solutions that free people to access information, work and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever they need to.
Take the next step in your professional growth!