Bianor is an award-winning software development company with more than 20-year experience in implementing custom high-tech solutions for leading companies in technology, media, telecommunications, and defense industry. We have established a positive reputation for a reliable IT services partner that always delivers on time, within budget, and with great ingenuity. Bianor is certified by NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 and has received IT industry awards in Europe and North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE – LEAD JAVA DEVELOPER
Our engineering team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a prominent broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We own the complete development life cycle – from planning and requirements gathering to testing, integration, and support. Now we are looking for a Lead Java Developer to manage our team of Developers and QA’s.
You will be leading mid and senior-level software developers and QAs (up to 10 people). The team relies on you to keep the backlog well organized, participate in code reviews, gather requirements, moderate the meetings. Generally, you are the one to know and understand the Big Picture. Of course, as a lead, a broader perspective on technologies and good communication and organization skills are treasured.
THE SOFTWARE STACK
- Java and related – Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Groovy/Grails, Gradle, Maven;
- C/C++ for embedded devices;
- Web application front-end built with jQuery and third-party JS libraries;
- MySQL and MongoDB;
- GNU/Linux for development, QA and production environments;
In your daily work you will:
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software and build new solutions.
- Lead communication with all stakeholders of the project: customer, team, company.
- Work closely with business owners and project managers to plan work and provide statuses.
- Discuss priorities and features, consult how to approach new tasks, overcome complex issues.
- Oversee the work of your teammates and ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Perform code reviews and support junior members.
- Collaborate with other teammates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Suggest an architectural approach for the new features and help others to overcome complex issues.
- Get your hands “dirty” with some code reviews and operational tasks on a daily basis, and some coding.
- Guide and support the QA team in their efforts to keep up-to-date testing and release documentation, test cases, automation tests.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel at the right place with us if you are:
- Experienced in technical leadership with teams of similar sizes.
- Very good and relaxed communicator.
- Confident that you can troubleshoot issues on production and development environments that may lay outside the running code, e.g. crashes due to broken network connectivity, etc.
- Able to listen and understand business requirements, propose technical solutions on behalf of the team, reason team’s decisions and approach.
- Able to keep simple but efficient processes, and you know the right tools for supporting the development, testing, and deployment.
- Experienced in Java, Spring/Hibernate.
- Fluent in verbal and written English
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented;
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Home office policy
Flat company structure
Employee referral bonus
Project referral bonus
Extra health insurance
Regular office breakfast
Multisport card discount
Team building and activities
Flexible work schedules
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.