Bianor is a recognized authority on mobile and video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For
about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication
companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2008
certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About the role - Java Developer
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. The software owned by
the team is part of the quality control tools used by our client to support their massive userbase.
The software stack
- Java with Spring(Boot) application back-end.
- Web front-end with modern frameworks.
- Database MySQL and MongoDB.
- GNU/Linux production environment.
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software in order to meet new requirements and improve performances and reliability.
- Write unit tests and support the test automation effort.
- Lead or participate in the architectural design decisions.
Skills and expertise:
- Mature understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in Java, with Spring and Hibernate as a minimum.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL.
- Should feel at home with GNU/Linux OS – scripting, configuration, basic administration from the shell.
- Good understanding of how the Internet and web applications work.
A real plus would be:
- Some experience with Java desktop applications, preferably based on the Eclipse platform.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of DVB and MPEG standards and transmission protocols such as DVB-S/S2, DVB-T, DVB-C.
- Fluent in written and spoken English – need to communicate with US engineers daily.
- Academic Degree in technical/scientific disciplines or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
The attitude we like:
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh :-)
- Flat company structure;
- Relaxed and friendly environment;
- Home office policy;
- Employee referral bonus;
- Project referral bonus;
- Teambuilding / Christmas party / Regular office breakfasts;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Free massage in the office / free coffee, milk, tea, fruits.
Take the next step in your professional growth!
We would be more than happy to have more stars on our team!
Arthur C. Clarke once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is technology solutions that
free people to access information, work and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever they need to.