Bianor is a recognized authority in video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For
about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication
companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015
certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About the role - Java/Groovy Developer
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for one of the biggest broadcast satellite service providers in the USA.
The software owned by the team is part of the quality control tools for the broadcasted content.
The software stack
- Java Spring/Groovy based web applications.
- A simple front-end with a mix of AngularJS, JQuery and custom libraries.
- Database MySQL and MongoDB.
- STBs firmware based on BusyBox with Java/C++ app on top.
- GNU/Linux production environment.
- Be part of a Scrum team to expand existing software in order to meet new requirements and improve performances and reliability.
- Write unit tests and support the test automation effort.
- Mentor junior members of the team and participate in code reviews.
Skills and expertise:
- Mature understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in Java, with Spring and Hibernate as a minimum.
- Understanding the concepts of ORM, MVC, IoC.
- SQL and NoSQL. No complex schemas or huge queries are in use for now.
- Should feel at home with GNU/Linux OS – scripting, configuration, basic administration from the shell.
- Good understanding of how the Internet and web applications work. This includes TCP/IP stack and higher-level protocols like HTTP, SNMP. You don’t need to be an expert but should know how things work in general and essential flows of the protocols.
Would help if you are familiar with basic video/audio concepts – e.g. encoding, decoding, muxing, video/audio formats, containers, streaming.
A real plus would be some past experience with C/C++.
- Fluent in written and spoken English – need to communicate with US engineers daily.
- Academic Degree in technical/scientific disciplines or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
The attitude we like:
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh :-)
- Relaxed and friendly environment;
- Home office policy;
- Extra health insurance;
- Employee referral bonus;
- Flat company structure;
- Project referral bonus;
- Teambuilding / Christmas party / Regular office breakfasts;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Free massage in the office / free coffee, milk, tea, fruits.
Take the next step in your professional growth!
We would be more than happy to have more stars on our team!
Arthur C. Clarke once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is technology solutions that
free people to access information, work and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever they need to.