Bianor is an award-winning software development company with more than 20-year experience in implementing custom high-tech solutions for leading companies in technology, media, telecommunications, and defense industry. We have established a positive reputation for a reliable IT services partner that always delivers on time, within budget, and with great ingenuity. Bianor is certified by NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 and has received IT industry awards in Europe and North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE – SENIOR C++ DEVELOPER
Our teams in Sofia design and implement software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We are now hiring for a team that develops one of the core systems, used by millions of customers – the Set-top-box software.
THE SOFTWARE STACK
- C/C++11 core layer, which communicates forth and back with Java 1.8 middleware running on a proprietary embedded Java VM;
- Linux device drivers for driving proprietary hardware modules;
- Stripped-down Linux OS to keep all things together;
- Buildroot with Ant and Make/CMake build systems to build and deploy for multiple hardware architectures
- Linux shell scripts to facilitate integration.
In your daily work you will:
- Be part of an agile team to expand existing software in order to meet new requirements and improve performances and reliability;
- Write clean and maintainable code in a multi-component software system;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Communicate with US stakeholders.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel at the right place with us if you have:
- Experience in C/C++ programming and ability to find your way in a relatively large codebase;
- Experience with the GNU toolchain;
- Troubleshooting skills – resource leaks, deadlocks, segfaults, crash dumps, filesystem corruptions, network socket failures, etc.
- Experience with GNU/Linux OS and the command line for building, running, debugging and troubleshooting an embedded system and its applications;
- A mature understanding of the software development process;
- Knowledge of the most popular design patterns used in enterprise-grade projects;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
A REAL PLUS WOULD BE
- Experience with embedded development in C/C++.
- Some past experience with pure Java (Java SE) and to feel comfortable with the language.
- Experience with multi-component software systems with relatively large codebase size.
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Home office policy
Flat company structure
Employee referral bonus
Project referral bonus
Extra health insurance
Regular office breakfast
Multisport card discount
Team building and activities
Flexible work schedules
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.