Bianor is an award-winning software development company with more than 20-year experience in implementing custom high-tech solutions for leading companies in technology, media, telecommunications, and defense industry. We have established a positive reputation for a reliable IT services partner that always delivers on time, within budget, and with great ingenuity. Bianor is certified by NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 and has received IT industry awards in Europe and North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE – SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We own the complete development life cycle – from planning and requirements gathering to testing, integration, and support.
THE SOFTWARE & INFRASTRUCTURE STACK
- Java EE, Spring, and Groovy-based web applications;
- Core Java applications running in a customized JVM on the satellite Set-top-boxes;
- Core Java libraries;
- Web front end with jQuery and custom UI libraries;
- MariaDB and MongoDB databases;
- Dockerized CI/CD;
- GNU/Linux development, testing and production environment for the servers and for the Set-top-boxes, integrated with various external hardware and software systems
In your daily work you will:
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software and build new solutions;
- Apply good practices in the coding of enterprise software;
- Analyze and implement business requirements;
- Write unit tests and support the test automation effort;
- Perform code reviews and support junior members;
- Collaborate with other teammates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel at the right place with us if you are:
- With a mature understanding of the software development lifecycle;
- With a good understanding of how web apps and REST services work;
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, knowledge of various instrumentation tools;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented;
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Home office policy
Flat company structure
Employee referral bonus
Project referral bonus
Extra health insurance
Regular office breakfast
Multisport card discount
Team building and activities
Flexible work schedules
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.