Bianor is an award-winning software development company with more than 20-year experience in implementing custom high-tech solutions for leading companies in technology, media, telecommunications, and defense industry. We have established a positive reputation for a reliable IT services partner that always delivers on time, within budget, and with great ingenuity. Bianor is certified by NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 and has received IT industry awards in Europe and North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE – SOFTWARE TESTER WITH PYTHON
Our teams in Sofia design and implement software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We are now hiring for a team which develops testing modules for one of their core systems, used by millions of customers – the set-top box software stack.
The position suits well to a developer keen on writing software whose purpose is to break another software or to prove that it is working.
THE SOFTWARE STACK
- Proprietary testing framework in Python.
- Linux on the staging and production environments.
- Set-top-boxes based on Linux, which are the testing target.
- Supporting hardware and network infrastructure.
In your daily work you will:
- Get acquainted with the documentation and the software stack running on the satellite set-top boxes, in order to design the testing strategy and scenarios.
- Write Python code to automate tests against the software on the STBs.
- Contribute to the development of a testing framework used by many engineers in the organization.
- Contribute to the development of test scenarios.
- Analyze test results and iteratively improve and extend the tests.
- Communicate with US stakeholders.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel at the right place with us if you have:
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with testing software services on API level.
- Experience with troubleshooting software issues.
- Some experience with Linux on user level and some scripting skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Home office policy
Flat company structure
Employee referral bonus
Project referral bonus
Extra health insurance
Regular office breakfast
Multisport card discount
Team building and activities
Flexible work schedules
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.