Bianor is a recognized authority on mobile and video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For
about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication
companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2008
certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About the role - System Administrator
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a variety of customers primarily based
in the US and Western Europe. We are heavily engaged in video streaming and other video related
projects including video distribution, management, monitoring, encoding/decoding, monetization, etc.
To facilitate smooth operation and flawless experience to our colleagues and customers, we are looking
for a professional with the right attitude to join and support our not-so-complex infrastructure and coworkers’
- Manage network servers and related services, mostly running on Debian GNU/Linux such as Apache/Nginx, Jira, GitLab+git/svn, wiki, VoIP/SIP, DNS zones, LDAP, MySQL;
- Install and configure computer software and hardware, set up user accounts, e.g., for new hires.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages; communicate with vendors such as Internet providers;
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements;
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls – follow certified ISO 9001 procedures;
- Maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Monitor hardware performance, plan hardware failures and propose parts replacements
- Perform PC hardware and software maintenance – e.g., replace defective PC parts, configure printers/scanners etc.
Skills and expertise:
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience with similar technologies;
- Have experience in administration and maintenance of Linux servers and workstations, and Windows/MacOS workstations;
- Possess knowledge in network infrastructure (LAN, WAN);
- Possess knowledge of system security (e.g., iptables firewall) and data backup/recovery;
- Have basic knowledge of VMWare ESXi;
- Be able to create scripts in Bash or another scripting languages;
- Have resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude;
- Be willing to advance in new technologies and grow professionally together with us;
- Be prepared to organize your work without close supervision.
A real plus would be:
- Experience with MikroTik devices;
- Experience with containers;
- Experience with cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS.
- Good verbal and written English;
- Academic Degree in technical/scientific disciplines or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
The attitude we like:
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh :-)
- Flat company structure;
- Relaxed and friendly environment;
- Home office policy;
- Employee referral bonus;
- Project referral bonus;
- Teambuilding / Christmas party / Regular office breakfasts;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Free massage in the office / free coffee, milk, tea, fruits.
Take the next step in your professional growth!
We would be more than happy to have more stars on our team!
Arthur C. Clarke once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is technology solutions that
free people to access information, work and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever they need to.